Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 13:39:17 +0600 (GMT+0600)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOOM for FreeBSD ?

> > I believe the last time someone asked, the response from Id Software
> > was ``NO, NEVER.''  In all-caps, even.
>
> I think they're rather sick of being asked.. :-)
>
> My own conversations with them have been rather more polite, but I do
> understand that the circumstances that led to other ports being done
> _at all_ were very unique ones and that they have no interest in doing
> any additional "non strategic" ports.  Compared to their DOS/Jaguar/3DO
> base, FreeBSD and Linux put together don't even register as a blip.

The README file from QNX says that this port was done by QNX using
the sources they got from ID. They say that the port was done nearly in
1 day because it was written very portable. I think QNX has signed
some NDA with ID about these sources :-(

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia