Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 00:58:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        abel@i-wave.net.hk (Abel Law)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, abel@i-wave.net.hk
Subject:   Re: Firewall in FreeBSD

Hello,

Abel Law wrote:

> May I know if there is any Firewall products for FreeBSD?

Here are a couple of points:

1. FreeBSD comes with a built in packet level firewall system (ipfw).
2. This system can be a pain to configure.

Ok, with that out of the way I can toot my own horn now.
My company sells a package called KeepOut that sits on top of the FreeBSD
IPFW (IP FireWall) system.  Written in Perl, KeepOut allows you to write
simple rules which it translates into IPFW commands.  IPFW (with or without
KeepOut) combined with something like TIS's firewall toolkit allows you
to setup a fairly secure firewall system.

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team