Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:28:33 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jerry Kendall" <jerry@kcis.com>
Subject:   Re: Java and 2.2.5R

----------
> From: Jerry Kendall <jerry@kcis.com>
> To: freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Java and 2.2.5R
> Date: Wednesday, 25 February 1998 12:06
>

> I have just installed netscape v3.04 GOLD from the ports collection and
> java applets do not want to run.

Are any errors being printed to the Java console or the status bar?
Is the security set to allow Java applets? Try putting some text
in between the <APPLET></APPLET> tags to see if they're
being recognised at all.

Anyway, for an alternative, download Netscape Communicator from
the Netscape site. I haven't had any problems with applets
using this.

Joe Shevland - Horizon Technologies International

Email:      joe.shevland@horizonti.com

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking
at the stars - Oscar Wilde