Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:25:53 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Caffin <peter@cricket.paradox.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   refuse files

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 12:04:36AM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> >
> > My first thought was to go to polstra.com, and that's what i did, but the
> > site is down.  Is there a basic syntax for cvsup refuse files?
> >

> This is a reply I got from John Polstra to virtually the same
> question. The key point is 'relative to the "prefix" setting in your
> supfile':
>
> > Aha, try this instead:
> >
> >     doc/es* doc/ja* doc/ru* doc/zh*
> >
> > The patterns are relative to the "prefix" setting in your supfile,
> > which for example is "/usr" in the "doc-supfile" example.  So relative
> > to "/usr", the files you want to reject are in "doc/es*", etc.

Is there are list of files in the archive somewhere? Ideally, I'd love to
update only the programs I've got currently installed, but, I'm concerned
that I'll probably forget a large class of programs and end up downloading
and compiling way too much. The machines I want to update don't have
oodles of space, so this is a concern.

Thanks for any comments.