Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:54:40 +0100
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        stef@memberwebs.com
Cc:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [patch] Multicast: uninited memory used in filter at IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP + IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP

Stef Walter wrote:
> Patch is attached which fixes the problem. Is this the right approach?
> If not, I hope it helps highlight the problem area.

Good catch; thanks for the fix. I used to depend on imf being
initialized to NULL in this function, however, I opted to keep the old
vector-style allocation scheme for in_mfilter and track it with in_multi
on the socket. If the descriptor slot got recycled, then the imf
contents will be invalid as you saw.

I think this can probably go right in as-is. I'm supposed to be looking
at other stuff now, so hopefully syrinx@ can check this in if I don't
get around to it.

thanks,
BMS