Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:32:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List of things to move from main tree to ports (was Re:  Wish List (was: Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again))

:One could say the same about the "r" commands, telnet, and ftp.  For
:telnet and ftp:  Extremely controversial.  For the "r" commands, I'd
:rate the issue as half way between controversial and extremely
:controversial.  What do you think?
:
:Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
:Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766

   Yes, I agree.  'telnet' and 'ftp' would be extremely controversial
   (I'd like to keep them myself).  The various 'r' commands rlogin, rsh,
   etc are in the middle.

   I'll separate the daemons from the clients.  I think the daemons,
   e.g.  'telnetd', 'rshd', 'rexecd', 'rlogind' are in the middle, possibly
   even slightly less controversial then the client commands 'rlogin', 'rsh'.

   I think it may be possible to come to agreement to moving the daemons to
   ports.

   --

   Scary moment of the day:  At a meeting with a potential client I was
   standing in front of the white board an explained that we were using 'ssh'

						-Matt