Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:37:26 +0200
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng 1.0 release schedule, and HEAD switch to pkgng by default schedule

2012/8/21 Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:09:46AM +0300, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
>> What would be the best practice of mixing ports with packages?
>
> There is no best practice for that unfortunatly, (as actually) the best for you
> is maybe to build your own pkgng repostories?
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgPrimer#Using_poudriere for example?

So, to make it really clear, one should *not* test, try or use pkgng
if he wants to continue using ports without setting up a repository ?
I did not find a big warning on the wiki.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."