Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:06:34 -0500
From:      "Dennis Reiter" <mcneills@inw.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Andrew Stevens" <andrew@log.on.ca>
Subject:   Re:  Using ICQ with an IP alias

I'm not sure exactly how you'd do this under FreeBSD, because I'm a newbie,
but here's how I handled using IPRoute on a DOS machine, so it should be
similar:

In ICQ, go to the Connection tab and tell it you are behind a firewall, and
that you don't use SOCKS,etc.  The next window will show where you can
select a range of ports to use.  Set it to something like 3001 to 3010.
It'll complain that that's too narrow, but works OK for me.
Then in FreeBSD, tell it to direct any TCP packets coming in on 3001-3010 to
the Windows machine.  You also need outgoing UDP on Port 4000.  Then just
set another range for each machine that you want to use.

Regards,
Denny Reiter
denny@kewanee.net
ICQ # 823496
"Remember:  Wherever you go; There you are."