Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:04:55 +0100
From:      Dan Larsson <dl@tyfon.net>
To:        "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Followup: howto tokenize string in sh

I know a echo "path../../is/relative" | awk -F/ '{print $n}' prints one token but I don't
know how to evaluate all with ".." and return true if ".." is found in a token.

Regards
Dan Larsson

Having a string containing a path, what I need to do with it is to
determine if it is relative to current or not.
For this I imagine that splitting the path with the slashes as delimiters
to examine the tokens in between for a token containing two dots (..) is
one way of doing it.

How do I do this in sh?

Regards