Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:01:38 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vim language bindings

> On 13 Oct, 2017, at 19:59, Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> On 14/10/17 12:21 am, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>> Hello,
>>=20
>> I'm trying to get a feel for how many people utilize utilize vim's =
language bindings. Note that this does NOT include syntax highlighting, =
indenting, or anything related to editing language-specific files. This =
is calling external scripting languages and interactive debugging within =
vim.
>>=20
>> Right now, vim installs Lua, Perl, Python, Ruby, and TCL for =
everybody, and I'm not sure whether anybody actually intentionally uses =
Lua or TCL anymore. Python hooks are definitely staying, but if you use =
any other language bindings, please reply and tell me which ones.
>>=20
>> Thanks!
>>=20
>> # Adam
>>=20
>>=20
> One hopes vim-lite does not install those, right?

vim-lite is just console vim with the language bindings turned off. It's =
not actually any lighter.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger