Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:01:12 +0200
From:      piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no USB mice detected on GA-MA74GM-S2

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:48:04 -0500, Robert Noland wrote
> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 21:08 +0200, Piotr Smyrak wrote:
> >
> > I recently upgraded my system to newer hardware with
motherboard
> > GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 Rev 1.0 with AMD 740G chipset (north
bridge)
> > and AMD SB700 (south) where USB support is located. Everything
> > would be fine except there is no USB mice detection by FreeBSD
at
> > all. And I am stuck with USB mise since the mobo has no PS/2
port.

> > First I started with my old build of 6.2, then upgraded to 6.4
> > STABLE, to finally upgrade to 7.2 PRERELEASE in hope of fixing
the
> > issue. None of versions gave me USB mouse support. I have tried
> > connecting 3 various mice. No luck. The only effect I can
achieve
> > after connecting a mouse, is a somewhat delayed message on
console:

> rebuild/reinstall devel/libpciaccess now that you have
> updated kernel.

I think I was not clear in my first post. My issue is the kernel
does not recognizes my USB mice, so I get no /dev/ums* devices at
all.

I have made a clean install of all my ports after upgrade. Thanks
for your suggestion.
--
 Piotr Smyrak
 piotr.smyrak@heron.pl