Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 1995 16:54:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPX

> - BSDI won't let us provide modified source or even an example to object
> customers, so we can just use a special precompiled object driver that has
> been modified and we can call it something different.
> - We wanted to make it as simple as possible. We really just "steal" packets
> from the driver
>
> if (ipx_filter()){
>         m_freem();
>         return;
> }
> ether_input();
I've been adding protocols to the kernel
and I've been looking for a way to make them loadable..
it still needs a little work, but I've got some ideas..
(the protocol registers itself and how to recognise packets for it..)

BTW
talk to ecsd@ecsd.com (should work)
about frame relay etc..
he's trying to work out what to use......