Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:26:51 +1100
From:      Martin <martin.kelly4000@gmail.com>
To:        Justin Mayes <JMayes@careered.com>
Cc:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Robin_Bj=F6rklin?= <robin.bjorklin@gmail.com>, "misc@openbsd.org" <misc@openbsd.org>, "users@dragonflybsd.org" <users@dragonflybsd.org>, "netbsd-users@netbsd.org" <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>, "freebsd-chat@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unified BSD?

The reason was actually intellectual property based between AT&T and the
proprietary BSD/386 if your talking BSD4.4. That was the core reason for
why FreeBSD and NetBSD started.
So really it isn't that crazy, more highly unlikely that your going to get
the core developers of each project to abandon years of work to start again
on a unified BSD.

It is a cool thought, one i have thought about.

Which is why i reckon your far more likely to get support for a new BSD
system that takes the foundation of one of the existing BSD's and create a
project that aims for compatibility between the major BSD players.

At least then its not like restarting.