Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Peter Leftwich" <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, sdbug@sdbug.org
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Suggestions for www.freebsd.org and questions

Hi everyone.  I was studying up on
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/installation-i386.html
which I have at home on two CD-Rs and which I plan to install this
weekend - hhooot whoot!!

Some suggestions for the freebsd.org webmaster.  Perhaps others
might find these useful as well?

[1] I think the URL above ought to have a sort of organized, list of
contents at the top such as

1.3 Topic1
1.4 Topic2
1.5 Topic-Or-FAQ-Question3...

The list would be a Table of Contents at the beginning, with each
section **hyperlinked** for easier, faster knowledge transference.

[2] I noticed that the links below are general instructions, but
maybe having two very similar documents throws off some people

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/install.html

[2] Lastly, some background - I came to the site seeking general
install recommendations, such as about suggested mountpoints and
slices (partition) ideology and sizes.  Has this been asked before?
I have a 200GB HDD and no definite plan about setting up slices and
dirs!!

[3] Disk space required?  I realize the website gives minimum
recommendations such as 160mb and 24mb RAM for example.  Is it a
good idea to set up an OS-only slice / bare minimum / then have a
separate slice for my binaries and XFree86?

[4] FOUR is here as a great tip if you have not seen this page:
http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl great idea!!  but
it would be neat if each 'datasheet' or 'lab report' if you will,
linked to the product listed at an official company URL e.g.
http://store.ibm.com/products.php?ThinkpadXYZ1000

--
Peter Leftwich, Owner
Video2Video Services