Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:39:29 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Marc Nicholas <marc@netstor.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DLINK quad ethernet board

At 05:06 PM 6/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At a chipset level (DEC 21143) yes...in the same way a Znyx card would
>work.
>
>It looks like the card also uses a DEC bridge chip too (not unussual on
>multi-port Ethernet cards) and FreeBSD will also cope fine with that too.
>
>HOWEVER...be aware that some BIOSes mess up the initialization of such
>beasties (PCI bridging and all).

I also notice that DLINK markets this as a "load balancing board" which
"appears as a single nic to the system". I assume that their windows driver
makes it look like that, but it may have a strange interface.

They are apparently a lot cheaper than Zynx boards (with the same
technology)....Although I havent really found any of the DLINK dealers that
sell them.

Dennis