Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:49:45 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -STABLE was stable for long time (Re: FreeBSD: Server or Desktop OS?)

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 10:14:51AM -0500, Kenneth Mays wrote:

> Your question brings up an issue that was talked about several times, and it
> was addressed in the docs and the newsgroup. -STABLE is an engineering
> development branch that is 'more stable' than -CURRENT, but not more stable
> than -RELEASE. -STABLE is NOT for end users/customers for official
> production use (i.e. do so at your own risk).

I wonder why no one says that -STABLE really WAS stable and WAS intended
for end users less than 2 years ago. Moreover, Hanbook said you
need -STABLE if you are using FreeBSD in production environment
and you need stability, Handbook said it even 15 months ago.
And it has been assetring so for long time, that's where the name
of this branch came from. Anyone can see that in CVS.

Eugene Grosbein