Date:      Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:35:09 +0100
From:      Steven Lawrance <stl@koffein.net>
To:        John Hay <jhay@meraka.org.za>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded <freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: embedded board with 3 X wireless

Excerpts from John Hay's message of 2014-03-05 11:59:17 +0100:
> We have been using AVILA, xscale arm based boards with 4 X MiniPCI slot=
> for a long time now. They are getting EOL and I was wondering what to
> replace it with. Any ideas? Here is my short list of requirements:
>=20
> - Run FreeBSD
> - Boot from itself, even if you need to add some flash. We used CF on A=
VILA.
> - Possible to have 3 X wireless. It can be a mix of builtin and some fo=
rm
>     of expansion. Wireless needs an antenna connector so that an
>     external antenna can be connected.
> - 1 X Ethernet. More won't hurt, but is not needed.
> - 128MB RAM or more.

I'm not sure just how _good_ the support is, but since nobody else has
mentioned it, it might be worth taking a look at some of the MIPS
boards, such as the RouterStation Pro (http://www.ubnt.com/rspro) or
MikroTik RB433AH (http://routerboard.com/RB433AH).  They both have
three MiniPCI slots and the former already has a kernel config in
sys/mips/conf...

cheers,
Steven