Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:14:04 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lzmautils-devel move in UPDATING

on 23/09/2009 19:47 Olivier Smedts said the following:
> With a current ports tree (and installed ports a few days old),
> "pkg_version -vL =" said it couldn't compare version for
> lzmautils-devel, which is needed by KDE4.

You have hit a deficiency of portupgrade and its companion tools.

> I think there should be
> something about the lzmautils-devel move in UPDATING. I think the
> necessary commands are :
>
> # portmaster -o archivers/xz archivers/lzmautils-devel

portmaster automatically detected the rename and did the right thing for me based
on MOVED. So, no hand-guiding is needed for it.

I am all for helping users, so I wouldn't object this particular request.
I know that I am generalizing, but are we going to put UPDATING entries for every
ports/packages tool that is not smart enough or has a bug? :-)

--
Andriy Gapon