Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:41:08 -0700
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI bus timeouts

Guess what?

I setup a very minimal machine on my network (P75,16MB RAM, Ample SCSI-2
Hard Drive Space) with a DAT drive and Freebsd 2.1.0...rock solid.

...backs up some urgently important files never would want to take them
off tape anyway types (too slow) every morning at arount 1:39 am through
a temporary mount to the other machines.

...It also dumps to tape the other machines at around 2:30 am.

Works like a charm, is fast, stable, inexpensive (not cheap, good
motherboard, Adaptec 2940, nice old hard drives but good).

Hope this helps though it's NOT a soLuTion.

Randy Katz