Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2012 20:45:50 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>,  "freebsd-rc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-rc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rc.subr questions

[CC rc@]

On 6 December 2012 20:36, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to get an rc.subr script to start and stop a
> script.
>
> This works from the commandline (to start it):
> tclsh /usr/local/bin/dir/script -D -c /usr/local/etc/conffile
>
> I've tried various combinations of:
>
> command_interpreter
> argument_precmd
> command_args
>
> but I keep getting this error:
> unknown directive '/usr/local/bin/sguil-sensor/pads_agent.tcl'
>
> Doesn't matter if I make that string the val for command and don't use
> command_interpreter or do use command_interpreter.
>
> I've read the man page over and over, but I'm clueless as to how to use
> run_rc_script, which I *think* is the right way to call this script.

Make the script executable, put a shebang in; #!/usr/bin/env tclsh

#!/bin/sh

. /etc/rc.subr

name=tclshexample
rcvar=tclshexample_enable

load_rc_config $name

: ${tclshexample_enable=YES}

command="/usr/local/bin/dir/script"
command_interpreter=tclsh
command_args="-D -c /usr/local/etc/conffile"

run_rc_command $@

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/tclshexample

Would be much easier if you were to provide specifics or the actual script :)

Chris