Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:46:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another question

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
> I've allocated a 16k chunk of system isa memory at the bridge level.
> >From time to time children need a hunk of this memory to map in their
> attribute memory.  The attribute memory has various config registers
> in it as well as the CIS.  My thinking on the matter was that I'd
> allocate the 16k chunk at bridge attach time, and then just give it
> out to the children who are requesting a memory area be mapped in as
> the default.  However, when I go to do this, the allocation fails
> because the bridge is holding the allocation.

If I understand the issue correctly, your call to bus_alloc_resource() is
failing because you are using bus_generic_alloc_resource() as PCCARD's
BUS_ALLOC_RESOURCE() handler.

What you should be doing is using your own method to arbitrate access to
the parents already allocated resources (ie, not passing the resource
allocation up to the parent's parent.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |