Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 19:29:36 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building -current with 3.1?

Hello,

The standard compiler has changed between 3.x and -Current (gcc2.7.2.1
=> egcs) - so don't even think of compiling code from -Current with
Stable tools.

You may want to try some "make upgrade" to upgrade all of your OS from
3.X to 4.0 (then you will use the -Current sources for your kernel).

I would rather suggest installing a minimal -Current snapshot and then
using your -Current source tree.

	TfH