Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 12:08:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Include files and 'release' engineering

> > My personal reason for being grumpy is that my trusty Gateway 2000 Handbook
> > has had a disk-crash and GW said that it will take around 3 weeks to swap
> > the disk :-(
>
> Did you offer to sell them a faster screwdriver?

Well, for a 2.94 lbs notebook, you don't use a screwdriver much.

It's like those chinese puzzles:

       The cable to the hard-disk doubles as the latch that will prevent the
    motherboard from disengaging the serial-connector, thus avoiding the
    battery compartment from falling of, which would have released the plastic
    tab which attaches the display on top of the keyboard which that way is
    kept in place, acting as the external cabinet over the hard disk.

To assemble:  put all the things together, apply a slight pressure on the
'f' key on the keyboard until you hear a subtle "click", and your done.

To disassemble:  Apply dynamite generously.

> Two weeks without a handy computer would drive me insane.  Hopefully
> you have sufficient support from the machine you are typing from and
> some rather over-intelligent appliances at home.

Well, I have the sun-x classic at work, the 486DX2 on my desk, the
130 other machines identical to it in the lab, the DX2 at home and the
spambox at home, so I will survive I hope.

It's the 30 minutes in the train that kills me :-)

Having a 3 pound unix box in a shoulderstrap is very addictive.
Highly recommended, cheaper and more legal than most drugs :-)

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk>
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.