Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:51:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Adam W. Dace" <thekind@NETural.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Contributing to the FreeBSD project

Once again, greetings all.

I was wondering what kind of procedure is normally followed to "give"
software into the FreeBSD project.  I.e. If I write my backup script, it
works great, etc, and I want it to be available so that noone else
reinvents the wheel, how would I go about it?

One thing I've noticed Linux has that FreeBSD doesn't seem to, is a number
of sites where one can simple upload their little package, and it will be
indexed among the many other little packages there.  Not exactly elegant,
barely organized, but -extremely- popular.

Anyone?

BTW, our user-machine/FTP server here still has 100+MB free, if there
isn't such a "contrib" method, I'm more than happy to start one up here...

| Adam W. Dace <thekind@NETural.com>  | NETural Communications, Inc.         |
|            Webmaster                | Paying too much for your Net access? |
|       http://www.NETural.com/       | NETural Voice: (312) 819-2231        |