Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:52:54 +0000
From:      John Birrell <jb@what-creek.com>
To:        "R. Tyler Ballance" <tyler@tamu.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DTrace for FreeBSD- source snapshots

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 08:41:17AM -0500, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
> Presumably since it's from Sun, it'll run on the FreeBSD/sparc64
> machines as well? ;)

I don't have access to anything other than single processor i386
machines at the moment.

That is about to change. I'll say more about that soon. 8-)

> Unfortunately, I don't have anything but i386 machines here (not
> counting a Powerbook), but how portable is this code? Can anybody
> verify it'll work on FreeBSD/amd64? mips? arm? leg?

Sun's code has amd64 support in it. I haven't ported that because
I don't have a machine that I can test on. And since the port involves
crashing the OS a LOT, I need to be able to have a serial console and
the ability to power the machine down many times  per hour.

--
John Birrell