Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 1995 18:19:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@news.iadfw.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rename bug

We first noticed that the rename(2) call has a serious bug when we ran
out of space on our root partition during a passwd rebuild when adding
users in several sittings.  This of course required me to drive 60 miles
to bring the system back up...

After digging through the source code a bit, I came to the decision that
the void mv(from, to) function was the culprit in pwd_mkdb, in
particular, the rename(2) call.

Other major utils effected by this seem to be the mv(1) command.

I'll do more digging, but would really like to know if anyone out there
has a fix for this?

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or