Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:29:59 +0100
From:      "chris scott" <chris.scott@uk.tiscali.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   roaming ipsec policies and racoon

Hi,

I am currently trying playing with IPSEC and racoon to provide a secure
services for my users. They all use either freebsd or windows 2k/XP clients.
They unfortunately all have dynamic ips 8(. I have successfully configured
the ipsec policies and have got round the dynamic IP problem with the
freebsd clients by using  racoons peer and my identifier  features to
initiate the shared key communication. This all works fine. However I don't
know how to do the same thing with windows 2000/XP. I can setup the ipsec
policies on the clients easily enough, as I can the preshared key. I have no
idea how to set the identifiers though. Without this racoon doesn't match a
key on the psk.txt file as it uses the hosts ip rather than
whatever@this.com and hence fails the key exchange. Has anyone got any clues
to point me in the correct direction?

sample og the severs racoon conf

remote anonymous
{
        #exchange_mode main,aggressive;
        exchange_mode aggressive,main;
        doi ipsec_doi;
        situation identity_only;

        #my_identifier address;
        my_identifier user_fqdn "random@wirdo.com";
        peers_identifier user_fqdn "grebbit@wolly.com";
        #certificate_type x509 "mycert" "mypriv";

        nonce_size 16;
        lifetime time 1 hour;   # sec,min,hour
        initial_contact on;
        support_mip6 on;
        proposal_check obey;    # obey, strict or claim

        proposal {
                encryption_algorithm 3des;
                hash_algorithm sha1;
                authentication_method pre_shared_key ;
                dh_group 2 ;
        }
}

corresponding psk entry
grebbit@wolly.com myrandomkey

sample of freebsd clients racoon config

remote anonymous
{

        my_identifier user_fqdn grebbit@wolly.com;
        peers_identifier user_fqdn "random@wirdo.com";
        #certificate_type x509 "mycert" "mypriv";

        nonce_size 16;
        lifetime time 1 hour;   # sec,min,hour
        initial_contact on;
        support_mip6 on;
        proposal_check obey;    # obey, strict or claim

        proposal {
                encryption_algorithm 3des;
                hash_algorithm sha1;
                authentication_method pre_shared_key ;
                dh_group 2 ;
        }
}

regards

Chris Scott

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email may be confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only.  Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
sender.