Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:40:18 +0200
From:      Martin Brecher <listuser@mb-itconsulting.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 clipboard problems

Hello, -

I have the following problem:

box1 : FreeBSD 6.2-BETA with Xorg
box2 : FreeBSD 4.11 with XFree 4.3

When I ssh from box1 into box2 using X11Forwarding and launch an
application, for example Mozilla, on box2, I cannot copy and paste
between the applications running on box1 and the application(s) running
on box2. The clipboard just doesn't work. (AFAIK I have never
encountered this problem before, but I will try this with one of my old
SparcStations soon.)

A search on Google revealed that this has happened to a few people on
non-BSD systems, too; but I could not find any information on how to
solve this, nor any work-around.

Any tips or hints?

Greetings,
Martin