Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 16:36:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handbook slicing

What do people think about dividing up large document (eg, the
handbook) in to smaller HTML chunks?  I don't much care for how
it is currently done with the handbook--too many nodes that are
too small.

As a test, I've broken things up just at the chapter level which
makes for a lot fewer but larger nodes.  I sort of like it
better but I want some other opinions.  So, point your browser
at:

 http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber/hb1/BOOK-0001.html

and tell me what you think.  Also, if you can point to examples
of large documents on the web that you think are well done, let
me know.

-john