Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 14:42:05 MDT
From:      "Lloyd M Caldwell" <LCALDWELL@acs.utah.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world problems

Hello,
  I'm a new sup-er of stable freebsd.

  I sup'ed the stuff into a different tree than
  the /usr tree, /src/stable.  I set DESTDIR to
  /src/stable.build and did a 'make world'.

  So far the build hasn't been able to complete.

   ~/gnu/lib/libgpm/Makefile
   ~/share/examples/Makefile
   ~/lib/libutil/Makefile

  These makefiles needed the ${INSTALL} -C changed to
  ${INSTALL} -c.  i.e. upper case 'C' to lower
  case 'c'.

  Now I get:

  make: don't know how to make /src/stable.build/usr/lib/c++rt0.o. Stop

  Also a bunch of stuff has been placed on my /usr filesystem under
  /usr/obj/src/stable, which is a problem as that file system is
  not got much free space.

  Where should I be looking for instructions, problems and
  workarounds on the stable build process?

Thanks
Lloyd M Caldwell
53131
lcaldwell@acs.utah.edu

  A vote: please keep sup, we use sup for lots of things here.