Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:13:39 +0200
From:      Willem Offermans <Willem@Offermans.Rompen.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   failure compile libGL-11.1.2

Dear FreeBSD friends,

I have inherited an old FreeBSD beast and I'm trying to update it to 10.3.

However the following error occurred during compiling libGL:

===>  Building for libGL-11.1.2

[cut some messages in between]

libtool:   error: cannot find the library '/usr/local/lib/libXext.la' or unhandled argument '/usr/local/lib/libXext.la'

'/usr/local/lib/libXext.la' is indeed not present. But the file is also not
present on another FreeBSD 10.2 system. So I suppose it is not needed. Is
there something old on the server pointing to this file? How can I proceed?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Will