Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 00:13:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrus imapd/pop3d not talking to sendmail?

When I invoke /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver <username> and supply it with
some standard headers, I discovered that I CAN in fact send messages
successfully, and view with an IMAP or POP client.

However, sendmail still refuses to call deliver, despite great amounts of
my time spent mucking with sendmail.cf and restarting sendmail.  I looked
through just about every system log I could find, didn't find any sign of
error or confusion when sending mail or starting sendmail.

I also tried renaming deliver and replacing it with a short perl script
that outputs to a file in /tmp/ when invoked.  (Kept permissions and
ownerships the same as the old deliver).  Sendmail wouldn't run that,
either (I thought perhaps Sendmail was sending deliver a bad option,
causing it to silently abort). Sooooo... it appears as though Sendmail
isn't finding, or isn't even attempting to find the deliver program.

Is there something else I have to enable for sendmail to invoke Cyrus, or
do I have to compile sendmail with different options?  (This is sendmail
8.9.3 we're talking about... stock in 3.3-STABLE).  Sendmail's
documentation seemed to suggest that all I need to was generate a new
sendmail.cf, as I have done.

  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  50% Owner, Technical and Accounts
  Phone: +1 (306) 664-1161

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2