Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:28:54 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Please can you test the new driver IOCTL

Hi,
I am hoping some of you can try out the new IOCTL for
software PAN and ZOOM functionality.
You specify the region from the PAL (or NTSC) window you
want capturing to be from using a new IOCTL

There are three files to download, based on the -current driver,
found in
  ftp://vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/driver
Please replace the corresponding files.

Amancio has bunded these into a tar file at
  ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/roger_driver.tar.gz

Can you give then a go please.
You drive it like this....

> int t;
> struct bktr_active_region c;
>
>   t = open("/dev/bktr0", O_RDONLY);
>   ioctl(t,BT848GACTIVEREGION, &c);
>   printf("results are %d %d %d %d\n",c.x_offset, c.y_offset,
>           c.x_size, c.y_size);
>
>   c.x_offset = 10;
>   c.y_offset = 20;
>   c.x_size = 480;
>   c.y_size = 400;
>   ioctl(t,BT848SACTIVEREGION, &c); /* 480x400 window, offset(10,20) */

Known Problems:

> 1) at some scalings, RGB fails but YUV12 which I use works fine.
> 2) When using even fields only, I cannot select a grab region
> less than 256 scan lines.
> 3) No consistency checks. User can enter stupid values.

Let me know how you get on.

Bye
Roger