Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:01:42 -0500
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        Jason Dusek <jason-dusek@uiowa.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange Internet Problems

Jason Dusek wrote:
> In certain places, I am unable to get on the internet even though I am
> recognized by the DHCP server and assigned an IP address. In most cases,
> I am not able to ping anything, but even when I can (for example at my
> parents' house, which is serviced by MSN) my browser times out. What is
> the name of this problem, and which section of the docs will help me to
> fix it?
>
> _jason

Well - assuming you are talking about FreeBSD, I'm not so sure it's a
FreeBSD issue. If you can connect to the internet, and if you are
running ipf/ipfw - then look at your ruleset.

Other then that - call your ISP

--
Best regards,
Chris

Inside every large program
is a small program struggling to get out.