Date:      Tue, 19 May 2015 21:18:57 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lam silently spills overly long lines

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On 2015-May-17 13:02:06 +0200, Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org> wrote:
>when working on a set of files quite large files I noticed that lam(1)
>would suddenly start combining lines that clearly don't belong together.
>
>I tracked it down to a single overly long line (with overly meaning >
>BUFSIZ from stdio.h) in one of the files and noticed that in

I think a lot of Unix utilities assume that input lines will not exceed
BUFSIZ and silently split longer lines.  This is usually "good enough"
so fixing it often isn't a high priority.

>I also offer to write the patch.

That would be wonderful.  If you do so, please attach it to a bugzilla PR
(and maybe copy the PR number into this thread).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--