Date:      08 Nov 2001 17:23:41 +0000
From:      Sansonetti Laurent <lorenzo@linuxbe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Measuring interrupt latency

Hi hackers,

I have to measure ISR [*] under FreeBSD, so I'm building a small KLD
which is hijacking a misc driver with timestamps...

Is there a way to simulate a hardware irq from kernel land ?
I saw swi_dispatcher() in /sys/kern/kern_intr.c, is this right ?

In fact I have to start hardware irq by hand because I need to take
timestamp at this moment..

Anyone have already measured ISR for FreeBSD ? Is that way correct ?

Thanks in advance !

[*] : ISR : Interrupt Service Routine : time interval between hardware
irq and first instruction of service routine for this irq.

--
Sansonetti Laurent - http://lrz.linuxbe.org