Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 21:42:56 +0100
From:      Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, "Erich Boleyn,,,," <erich@uruk.org>
Subject:   Re: >2 CPU SMP test

>TADA!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
>
>I did:
>    for ( x = 1; x <= mp_naps; ++x ) {
>        /* setup a vector to our boot code */
>        *((volatile u_short *)WARMBOOT_OFF) = WARMBOOT_TARGET;
>        *((volatile u_short *)WARMBOOT_SEG) = (bootAddr >> 4);
>        outb( CMOS_REG, BIOS_RESET );
>        outb( CMOS_DATA, BIOS_WARM );       /* write 'warm-start' */
>
>        startAP( CPU_TO_ID( x ), (bootAddr >> 12) & 0xff );
>        cpuApicVersions[ x ] = cpuApicVersions[ 0 ];
>    }

Seems like there was an additional bonus here.

It also made APIC_IO work. Just done a bunch of kernel compilations
with both APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB as well as all 4 CPU's running. Haven't
noticed any problems yet.

I've tried some patches from Steve lately, as well as some small changes
myself, so I did a fresh cvs checkout of the entire smp-current and it
looks like the fix above is all that is needed.

Terje Marthinussen
terjem@cc.uit.no