Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 21:44:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

Another problem...

sax.sax.de has been upgraded from 1.1.5.1 to 2.0.5.  Works fine,
but we've got some problems with SLIP.  While most users can work
well, it happens that it's just me who could only login via SLIP
once, while now, every invocation of ifconfig from the sliplogin
script causes

	ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

Very useful :-/  The `File exists' looks like it's from the routing
code.  Curiously, all other users can work ok... (we haven't had
a chance to reboot the machine yet, and see whether the phenomenon
would disappear).

???

--
cheers, J"org