Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:49:18 -0600
From:      Brian Sobolak <sobolak@gmail.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update listing for Chicago BSD User Group?

Giorgos Keramidas said:
> On 2005-01-10 22:23, Brian Sobolak <sobolak@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> The listing for the Chicago user group on this page
>> <http://www.freebsd.org/usergroups.html>; is no longer correct.
>> Unfortunately the domain has been snagged by a spammer.
>
> AFAICT, the http://www.chifug.org/ web page is still up.  Is there any
> way we can verify your group has indeed switched to ufo.chicago.il.us?

Josef Grosch originally registered the CHIFUG site and lost the
domain.  I've cc'ed him on this message so he can chime in and confirm
the spammer status.

(Whilte the site is still up, if you mouseover the mailto: link at the
bottom, you can see that the mail points to a different domain.  If
you follow that domain, it's pretty obviously a spam-site as it has
numerous unsavory links.)

UFO Chicago is a separate group from CHIFUG.  However, since we are
BSD-friendly, I'd love it if we could include it in the user-group
listing.

>> Please replace it with:
>>
>>  o Chicago, IL - The Users of Free Operating Systems (UFO Chicago) is a
>> open-source Unix user group that meets twice a month in Chicago.  For
>> directions and mailing list info, please check out our website
>> http://ufo.chicago.il.us.

brian
--
Brian Sobolak