Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 20:39:17 -0700
From:      Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   ppp still not working

	Somehow ppp is still not working under the latest -current.  A
few days ago, when I got ppp working, sup stopped working under both slip
and ppp on April Fool's day then when sup worked with Justin Gibb's help
of turning off sysctl, ppp no longer works anymore.  When I attempt to
telnet, it would just not even go through the modem and just say:

bigbang# telnet csua.berkeley.edu
Hostname lookup not found

	Slip and sup now works fine without sysctl on rfc1323 and
rfc1644.  I even compared my ppp setup with someone else at Berkeley and
it's the same configuration so anyone have any ideas what's wrong?
Thanks for any help.

--richardc