Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 12:16:24 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How-to question for port with no makefile

Matthew Hunt wrote:

> On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 03:53:29AM -0700, Studded wrote:
>
> > also installs and deletes cleanly. One caveat, I can't figure out how to
> > delete the /usr/local/libexec/sirc directory, the post-deinstall: target
>
> I would guess that you want
>
> @dirrm libexec/sirc
>
> in your pkg/PLIST (traditionally near the end).

	That's just the ticket, thanks! Where would I find more info on that
kind of stuff?  I read the handbook page multiple times and didn't see
it. :-/

> > didn't work for me. The other thing before I forget is if the "# Date
> > created" is supposed to reflect the date the port is *first* created,
> > why not call it that? :)
>
> Creation is inherently a one-time event.  I've been upgraded several
> times in my life (and probably downgraded a few times) but I've only
> been created once. :-)

	Well someone like me would look at that and think that "date created"
would refer to the date *that* version of the file was created. It was
just a thought, prompted by asami-san's dire warnings in the handbook.

> > .include <sys.mk>
>
> I think that's implicit, and shouldn't appear.

	Yep, got that one thanks. I'll hold off submitting it till tonight in
case someone else has suggestions.

Thanks for the other tips too, :)

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet