Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 1995 02:46:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        peter@haywire.dialix.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (fwd) CERT Advisory CA-95:13 - Syslog Vulnerability (with sendmail workaround)

It seems that Warner Losh said:
> Does somebody have just this patch?  I must have missed it as it went
> by.  I know that it is in current, but I need to patch a 1.1.5.1R
> router....

Our current patch won't work in a  pre-4.4BSD system (because of fwopen and
friends that are only on FreeBSD 2.x). For  1.1.5.1 systems, you should try
to get the vsnprintf  patch along with  vsnprintf itself (I should have one
somewhere at work  if you want). Send  me a mail at roberto@hsc.fr.net  and
I'll dig it.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #2: Sun Oct 22 20:22:48 MET 1995