Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:54:00 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Zenny <garbytrash@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcre-related problem to compile HipHop in FreeBSD9-RELEASE

On 18/04/2012 17:29, Zenny wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am having problem while trying to compile HipHop similar to what has
> been discussed here
> (https://github.com/facebook/hiphop-php/issues/480#pull_comment_form)
>

> /root/hhbuild/hiphop-php/src/runtime/base/preg.cpp:138: error:
> 'pcre_info' was not declared in this scope
> *** Error code 1
>
> I checked the specific line 138 which reads like:
>
> if (pcre_info(pce->re, NULL, NULL) == PCRE_ERROR_BADMAGIC) {
>    pcre_cache.cleanup();
>
> Any hints? Could not figure out whether it is FreeBSD9-, pcre- or
> HipHop-related?
> Thanks!

not declared in this scope - means it hasn't found a declaration for
that function. Usual cause is not including the correct header file, but
in the case of pcre the recent update broke a few programs when first
brought in.

I don't see it by greping the pcre headers and a quick search on
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi for pcre_info in 9.0-release and
ports shows it as obsolete and replaced by pcre_fullinfo() - my guess is
pcre_info() was removed in the pcre-8.30 release.