Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 1997 01:42:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        lada@ws6303.gud.siemens.at (marino.ladavac@siemens.at)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, adrian@virginia.edu, rminnich@sarnoff.com, dcarmich@mcs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building parallel "Beowulf-style" supercomputers with FreeBSD

> How about "The Swarm" then?  It would have already been built had I not
> bought myself a place to live instead.  It had sort of a priority over
> toys :(

Hmmm.  Swarm.  That makes me think of locusts, those industrious
little insects which often move from place to place in great numbers,
eating and overcoming all in their path.  It's a nice analogy for what
we'd like to do, actually, and I believe it's referred to as a "plague
of locusts" in that context, so if we wanted to draw some nifty insect
analogies for massive distributed parallelism then I guess we could
call such a cluster a "FreeBSD plague", or "a plague of FreeBSD
machines."  This would lead in turn to some pretty nifty sound bites,
such as "Got plague?"  or "The FreeBSD plague: Catch it today!"

Yeah, I like it!  It's got legs, gents!  Let's do it!!  Let's...
What?  I should stick to engineering, you say?  But it's so *catchy*,
I mean, haha, consider just the pun opportunities!  No?  Well fine, be
that way then!  [*sulk*]

					Jordan