Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:59:59 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64-bit PCI mobos

> From: "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
> To: neuhauser@mobil.cz, questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: 64-bit PCI mobos
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:18:35 -0700
>
> The only link that I know of that your boss is likely to accept (i.e. not
> from a newsgroup, mailing list, or hobbiest site) would be:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q282195
>
> That link describes the problem in Microsoft WindowsXP, but does not
> mention other OSs. I have seen this problem occur with Suse Linux 7.2
> and a friend of mine has on a WinNT 4.0 system, but that system had
> some other questionable hardware and he did no scientific testing to
> see if it was indeed the mouse causing the lockup, other hardware, or
> the fact that the system was running Windows.

    Thanks for the link. My boss is quite special, and *would* accept
    newsgroup/ML postings as evidence (I don't see why he wouldn't
    accept your mention of problems in SuSE as evidence), so I went and
    googled, but to no avail. Do you have any links at hand?

    Thanks again.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
3:55PM up 6 days, 22:19, 13 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.03, 0.00