Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:15:11 -0000
From:      "James Mathers" <blindboy@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems booting

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 5.3 on my Toshiba Tecra 9100, using the =
5.3 boot-only CD, which I burnt from an iso I downloaded. Unfortunately, =
it hangs in the Freebsd boot-up sequence after the bootloader had loaded =
with the last message being: " uhci3: [GIANT-LOCKED]".=20

I think it's related to the bug reported in this link : =
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2004-October/009618.html,=
 but I'm unable to determine what the best course of action is from =
here. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any, if so, how did you =
get around it?

Many thanks

Jim