Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:38:35 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Dennis Glatting <dennis.glatting@software-munitions.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs servers load

if somebody knows the doodads and pitfalls in linux cvs in conjuction
with cvsupd and is able to tell me what goes wrong, i could get the
cvsupd on filepile running. at the moment i got a somewhat borken
repository which might come from the linux ccvs. i do not know very much
about cvsup's interoperation with cvs but apparently something goes
really wrong on that box :-/ if we could get that box running we would
have a high volume euro cvsup repo in place. (at the moment the box runs
at about 30 to 50mbit/s 24x7 with peaks at 17:00 local time with less
that 10% cpu consumption and a load far below 1, normally around 0.30)

no flames please, this box is running on linux due to driver support for
the hardware no more no less.

/k

Garrett Wollman(wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu)@Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:36:43PM -0400:

KR433/KR11-RIPE -- http://www.webmonster.de -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de