Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:12:55 +0400
From:      Ilya A. Arkhipov <ruM1cRO@yandex.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        kwm@freebsd.org, bapt@freebsd.org, Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>, Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Discussion concerning: New dialog for ports

Hi Folks,

Few week ago I started work on new dialog for ports, main idea it's adding functionality, I guess you know ;)
I took checklist.c from libdialog and modified it for us. Regarding license, I discussed with Thomas E. Dickey(author dialog) he said I can't change LGPL to BSD but it should not be a problem.
What we have now:
- check + radio lists in on box (and yes we can put off radiobox)
- separate line with text
- dynamic width/height size
- all features from checklist.c :)
-- mouse support
-- hotkey for find a lines
My plan:
- add Help button/F1/alt-h/esc-1 (actually don't know how will be better)
- button for license
- fixing bugs >_<
- start work on parsing receiving data, after that should be ready for testing.

Regarding parsing data I want discuss here. Wanna correct understand what will be better, now I have few variants:
1. Get all data from env. variables
2. Use the same with old dialog style, I mean receive from STDIN
3. From file? <- guess bad idea
Your ideas?

And certainly screeshots:
Big description(just for test);