Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:09:46 -0500
From:      Tim <tms@psiklone.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 sound

I've got an off brand sound card that I'd like to get working in FreeBSD
4.0-stable. I have no idea of the manufacturer, but it's a pci card with
als4000 written on the chip. It's not detected by the generic kernel. I'm
assuming it's pnp as there are no jumpers. the sound card came with a cd which
has windows drivers in it. I'd appreciate some help as to what I should put in
the kernel or what device i should try and make it as. I've read thru some of
the docs in the /usr/src/sys/i386/isa but found no mention of the als4000
chipset.

Thanks
Tim Strobel