Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:21:13 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        nrrobins@eos.ncsu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 qu[Destions

Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 nrrobins@eos.ncsu.edu wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > My name is Neill Robins an I am new to FreeBSD.  I have someone helping
> > me get setup but I have 2 questions that I was curious about.
> > 1) Does FreeBSD support and AGP graphics card?
>
> XFree86 does not support AGP cards at this time.  FreeBSD could care less.
> :)
what he means is the Freebsd could NOT care less..
(Americans destroying the language again you know..)
support for video cards is supplied by a separate
free sotware group (the XFree86 group) who supply X servers for
all the '86 based Unices. Thus we support whatever they support.
(same as Linux) there is also Xinside (xi) who have some server that
the free group do not.